Role Purpose & Context
As IT Manager you would overall responsibility for IT Infrastructure life cycle management at our company and would work towards providing a 24/7 support system. As ‘guardian’ of the Live Systems you would ensure maximum availability of core systems and that performance monitoring is in place and appropriate system capacity planning is undertaken.
Maintenance of Infrastructure
• Provide infrastructure services management, enable technical innovation and leverage of IT trends that can create business value to assist with the company’s requirements and expectations.
• Lead large strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the company’s infrastructure and associated product portfolio, including but not limited to 24×7 data centre infrastructure management and evolution, remote access services and enterprise-scale database environments.
• Procure and track all company computer hardware and software purchases and maintain a 4-yearly refresh programme.
• Carry out annual technology and user audits.
• Manage the provision and maintenance of 3rd party infrastructure to agreed SLA’s including hosting, personal computing support and networking at all major NGC locations.
• Manage all NGC owned servers, switches, firewalls and routers.
• Maintain appropriate licenses and subscriptions for computer hardware and software.
• Contribute to the Leadership team and produce reports when required.
• Manage system security, network management, performance monitoring and alerting, ensure appropriate backups are in place and retained for all systems.
• Ensure a comprehensive disaster recovery arrangement is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance during business continuity events.
• Work with Compliance Director in the development, adoption and enforcement of Information Security policies, procedures and standards.
• Supervises IT staff, including scheduling; assigning and directing work; onboarding new employees; overseeing or conducting training; addressing complaints and resolving problems; taking disciplinary action; and ensuring high performance standards.
• Support others through coaching and listening and encouraging their development by providing opportunities to grow.
• Seek to understand what motivates others and regularly give feedback to support them and increase their performance.
• Display own emotions appropriately to engage with others and build relationships.
• Set clear expectations and hold people to account for delivery against objectives and deadlines.